Some Time (For Plants)

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

New Additions

I've bought 2 new seed packets, Viola & Forget-Me-Nots, with the intention of planting them on the now vacant window ledge.

Meanwhile, the last few weeks I've noticed a nursery that comes to the Farmer's Market in Columbus Park in Brooklyn that has many plants, including some hens and chicks cacti. I kept looking at them, & thinking no way do I have enough light for them, but then I read someplace they don't always need full sun. This week I planned to get one, but they were all gone. I found a cool site called (of all things) No Thyme Productions that has a whole page about Hens and Chicks, lots of different kinds of them. I was considering it, but I only want one. They ship Priority Mail for $8 no matter how many plants you order. I didn't want to spend $8 to ship one $4 plant. So today I went to Plant Works & asked if they had any. They had 2, a different variety from the Farmer's Market, the kind with pointy leaves. So I bought one for the ledge. It's in a plastic container, needs to be repotted. Plant Works has a great selection of earthenware pots, so I'm going to get a couple of small ones for the seeds, as well as a bigger one for the hens and chicks.

Who knows if any of these plants will survive what I have planned for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home