Some Time (For Plants)

Sunday, August 06, 2006

One of the potted cuttings has a nice growth of almost all-red leaves, bushy, not leggy. I think that one's a keeper. We need to move the rest out to make room for the ones that are now rooting. Before we can find new homes for our potted cuttings, we need to give the new owners something they can take with them to catch the drainage. Today I bought styrofoam cups, and small styrofoam bowls, in case the cups weren't big enough.

Meanwhile, J. organized a lot of stuff and gave some much-needed first-aid to the air conditioner. After the week we've just had, I'm glad we have power, let alone an air-conditioner that works. I climbed over the debris he'd generated to test whether the cups were big enough to hold the peat pots. They were.

The glass vase with the unruly cuttings was in the air conditioner window. He handed it to me. "Do something with this," he said, or implied. Sometimes he communicates without audible words, and I've developed the uncanny ability to hear them. I took the vase into the kitchen and made more cute little cuttings in styrofoam cups of water, discarding unruly vines, and rinsing the glass vase. The new cuttings went on the windowsill next to the rejuvenated air conditioner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home