Some Time (For Plants)

Sunday, August 06, 2006

AFTER THE FIRST CUTBACK

During the week sometimes I stop by the Tru Value hardware store (also called Bruno's Home Center) on Court Street near where I work. I found a package of 10 small peat pots, which would be perfect for planting the cuttings. I originally said "Peat pots are biodegradable pressboard containers which hold a plant, which can later be repotted, container and all." I have since learned that they are made not from pressboard, but from peat, which comes from moss. The roots grow through the peat pot, which biodegrades. The next weekend M. and I potted the cuttings in the peat pots. I put 4 of them in that same windowsill with plastic takeout containers under them to catch the drainage. Two more went on the ledge outside the bathroom window, along with Number One Cutting..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home